Already know the Options API? Switch over to the Composition API as quickly as possible! (Oh, and Pinia & Firebase 9!)
What you’ll learn
How to switch over from Vue 2 & Options API to Vue 3 & Composition API
Core differences between Options API & Composition API
State Management using Pinia
Create a real-world app from scratch with Vue 3, Composition API, Pinia & Vite
Firebase 9, including Cloud Firestore, Authentication & Security Rules
Basic understanding of Vue 2 & Options API
If you’re already familiar with Vue 2 & The Options API, then this course will teach you everything you need to know to switch over to (and get started with) Vue 3 & the amazing new Composition API.
My name’s Danny, I’m an Indie App Developer & Creator of Fudget, the highest rated personal finance app for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows.
And I’ve spent the last 12 months creating Fudget 2 – which is built on Vue 3 & The Composition API.
In this course you’ll start by learning the key differences between the Options API & Composition API by creating a simple Options API app & converting it to the Composition API.
You’ll then master all of the basics including:
- Reactive data with Refs & Reactive Objects
- Methods, Computed Properties & Watchers
- Lifecycle Hooks
- Vue Router
- Child Components – including the new ways of handling props, emits & modelValue
- Dynamic Components
- Composables – how to create them from scratch & how to import them from the VueUse library
- And you’ll learn State Management using Pinia, the incredible successor to Vuex
After learning the basics, you’re gonna create a real world app called Noteballs from scratch – which has full CRUD capabilities, uses Pinia for State Management and demonstrates real-world use of all the basics you learned earlier.
FIREBASE 9 UPDATE (JUN 2022):
The course has been updated with 3 hours of new content on Firebase 9, where we will:
- Hook Noteballs up to a Firebase Cloud Firestore database
- Add Authentication, so that multiple users can register, login and log out of our app
- Add Realtime Data Sync, so that if a user adds a note on one device, they’ll see the note instantly appear on another device
- Add Firebase Security Rules to protect our users’ data
- Host our finished app on Firebase Hosting so that we can share it with anyone
After this course, you’ll be able to create your own Vue 3 apps based entirely on the Composition API – from scratch.
Please check out the preview videos & I look forward to seeing you in the course.